Monday, March 4, 2013

Homemade Hummus

Hummus made from scratch! This is so much cheaper than store bought.

It is very easy to make your own hummus. After trying many recipes, I found out my hummus tastes best when I follow my taste buds!

Ingredients:

Dry garbanzo beans
Garlic
Lemon juice
Tahini
Salt

I don't include amounts of each, because everyone likes their hummus made differently. 

Steps:

1. Cook your dry beans according to package directions.
2. Put cooked beans in your blender or food processor with a splash of lemon juice, a clove or two of garlic, a couple tablespoons of tahini, and a pinch of salt. Blend the ingredients until smooth, adding some water when and if necessary.
3. Give it a taste! Add more garlic, lemon juice, salt, and tahini as needed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment